Thursday, February 23, 2012

Beauty breakdown: Elle STYLE360 Emu Australia F/W 2012

Emu Australia, makers of famous cozy footwear delivered much more than boots in the beautiful palette fit for easy going girl.



I wanted to preserve that chill, fresh Aussie beauty, that mimics color palette of the Outback.
Hello earth tones!

Unlike some of the other looks I have created for Fashion week that required more even look and more coverage; this one was all about feel and look of natural skin.

Model's foundation was kept minimal, with just spot concealing.  I wanted to expose model's beautiful freckles (which many had) and preserve that youthful glow.
Just, as I like to call it (and my team delightfully chuckles as I utter it "DELICIOUS SKIN").

Two eye shadow palletes were used in this look (both from our wonderful sponsor, Beauti Control).

Earth colors from "Au Natural" were most dominant part of the look and were smoked out in circular motion all around the eye.
To ad definition, I used darkest color from "Drama Queen" palette to press into the lash line and softly defuse it.

I wanted deconstruct the look and ad freshness to it by applying eight hour cream (by Elizabeth Arden)  in the center of the eye.
That dissolved some of the make up, for more worn in look and added beautiful shine.
To create that wind/sun burned look, TAN blush from BC was used in the center of the apple of the cheek.
Tops of their cheekbones were highlighted by the same cream used on their eyes.

I finished their look by keeping their lips natural color, beautifully hydrated by new delicious Beauti Control lip moisturizer.


 This was probably most wearable and mistake proof look I created for the runway and it can be easily translated into everyday wear. Just beautiful, effortless nature girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment